Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Fixing Leaks

So I played around 30 games today, even though I should be playing double time.

I did have a long talk with CWar from the 2+2 HU forums about my leaks. He thinks I am calling too many hands out of position preflop. This is probably the case. I can't overcome the disadvantage of playing out of position with a crappy hand. So I will make an effort to just let them go.

We also looked at what I could be doing wrong at the 50/100 blind level, since I have been losing chips at that level. The biggest difference between our games is how little I limp on the button. I fold too much when i should be limping. But to make sure my opponents don't attack my limps I will also limp AA, KK, and QQ. This will allow me to see more flops with positional advantage, and hopefully add to my winrate a bit.

If I can fix my leaks I will start getting some more $$$ and quicker. So hopefully I find more and patch my game up.

---
BR:$780.04

2 comments:

Ryan said...

Nice, good luck with that. I'm sure you'll fix the stuff you mentioned fairly quickly, it's most likely just a few oversights on your part or things you have not looked into for one reason or another until now. I'm basing this on other parts of your game that are for sure way more advanced than the leaks you speak of. 20-30 matches should basically fix these leaks for you IMO.

Good luck.

HokieGreg said...

hows it going????