Thursday, April 19, 2007

The First Day

Well my first day was pretty productive. I started out well and then the profits started to taper off. Playing the 11s is a lot different than playing the 55s. I find the opponents start getting really frustrated if they lose half of their stack. One guy lost an allin and sat out because he was down to 500 chips. These guys bleed EV and I am happy to pick up the slack.

Towards the end of the day I was probably playing a little worse, making bad reads, and paying off a few times when I shouldn't have. I really need to work on keeping my mind sharp near the end of sessions. The more games I can get in, the better.

That said I played 34 games yesterday. I won 19, putting me at 55.88% winrate for the day. 52.50% is breakeven because of the rake. I know I can win at a larger rate, but that number doesn't mean anything about my play since it isn't over enough games to be meaningful. I do know that I did better and was playing better at the start of my session.

I played for 3 hours making $7.98 an hour. I was 2tabling during most of the 3 hours. The more I get used to playing a lot, the longer I will be able to play. I am going to try to keep up the same pace for the next few weeks, and then hopefully increase the amount I am playing.

---
BR:$165.32

No comments: