Friday, April 20, 2007

Quick Update

Well, tonight is starting off really good. So far I am up ~7 buyins. Playing at night works really well. I am crushing the 11s. It also helps to run really good, outdraw people, and have my hands hold up.

Some thoughts I have on heads up sngs;

I think it is important that I get as many tourneys in as possible while I am playing and running well. When I am running bad, it is simply harder for me to play as well. I am looking into why this is, and I hope to eventually not have such a problem with it, but right now, when it happens, I usually stop playing for that session. I believe this is why I have had the most success at HU sngs compared to other forms of poker. The variance is simply lower.

The problem with HU poker is that you are playing and thinking about nearly every hand. Even if you fold a lot preflop, you get dealt the next hand instantly. I think it is reasonable to argue that you do as much thinking playing 2 tables of HU as someone playing 8 tables of 9man sngs or full ring cash games. Since the HU games finish much faster than 9man sngs, the hourly rate for HU sngs is pretty good.

---
BR:$243.32